First Global BIBB Partner Meeting
Organizer: Bundesinstitut für Berufsbildung (BIBB)
Date: 3-5 July
During WorldSkills Leipzig 2013, on 3-5 July, the First Global BIBB Partner Meeting took place. At present, BIBB maintains co-operation agreements with 30 vocational education institutions worldwide. Participants invited by BIBB examined the topics “Green Skills“ and “Greening TVET“ from different angles during an interesting conference and workshop program. Keynote speaker were L. Hunter Lovins, co-author of Natural Capitalism. An attractive program that provided the visit of numerous WorldSkills events and a tour of the Competence Centre Building and Education Leipzig, as well as the Partner Exchange with time for the colleagues to exchange experiences and to network.
Since 2006, BIBB has organized meetings with its partner institutions. Since 2010, these conferences and workshops have been carried out in co-operation with partner institutions in the respective partner countries and have received regional bias, e.g. the partner meeting in Montenegro 2010 which invited all Southeast-European partner institutions. These meetings are dedicated to a specific topical (e.g. the development of qualification frameworks in Bonn 2006, or the effect of EQF or ECVET on partner countries in Madrid 2007); they offer the opportunity to exchange experiences and to further or build new contacts.
Goals of BIBB Partner Meetings:
- Maintaining contacts between BIBB and partner institutions
- Exchange on current developments in individual countries and regions across country borders and regions
- Networking between institutions of individual countries and regions
- Input for partner countries, but also for BIBB with respect to future development and advisory activities
- International Positioning of the unique feature of BIBB